Saturday, September 27, 2008

squeezing several posts into one

Let me get this straight, The Muppets are doing op-ed pieces for the New York Times, Lil' Wayne is blogging for ESPN, and Rolling Stone still cares about whether Chinese Democracy is going to be released. Even I have had a version of that album for a couple of years. Note to Axl and the FBI: It was given to me. I didn't ask for it nor do I think the rest of the world needs to hear it.

The most enjoyable article I have come across lately is Tom Perrotta's love-hate relationship with The Breakfast Club. I agree that The Breakfast Club and Dazed and Confused should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Oops. I also agree that Freaks and Geeks took the ball and went way further than John Hughes would be capable of doing.

That said, John Hughes leads me into my top 5 films around the city this week:
1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (John Hughes) Galaxy. Wed.
2. Night of the Living Dead (George Romero) B Movie Celebration. This weekend.
3. The Last Mistress (Catherine Breillat)
4. Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock) B Movie Celebration. This Weekend.
5. Enter the Dragon (Robert Clouse). Circle Center. Wed.



Troy: Here is some of that shitty (your word, not mine) Human League you were railing against over at Beer Cannes.



It seems like the only Human League anyone ever cares about is the Don't You Want Me single and the corresponding album Dare, which I do love. I wanted to give props to the underrated Louise. The label didn't want to release another single (from The Lebanon) or spend money on a video. The video only happened because Phil Oakley's song with Giorgio Moroder from Electric Dreams was a hit in the UK.

1 comment:

troy myers said...

can i have a copy of chinese democracy? i want it to sit next to my black album(not the jay-z version)

and the human league are still shitty.