Monday, August 18, 2008

the writing blah's and DVD's

Over at Beer Cannes, Troy writes about being in a funk concerning blog topics. I understand. My problem isn't really a funk as much as I would rather watch Big Love or water polo than write about anything.

DVD releases for this week:
No picks.

Since I liked Don't Touch The White Woman, I would be fine with seeing more of the Marco Ferreri collection that's out this week. Please Vote For Me sounds interesting. Or interesting enough to watch if it were on PBS. An American Crime received terrible reviews at Sundance 2007 (probably why it's going straight to video), but between Catherine Keener and the events taking place in Indiana, I have some interest.

4 comments:

troy myers said...

yeah, i imagine my funk has alot to do with a michael phelps hangover...that and i already miss shawn john.

Shane M. White said...

Thanks for the heads up about "An American Crime" - I've been wanting to see it for a while, but I didn't know about the poor reviews... Netflix to the rescue!

And my two cents: Track and Field SUCKS compared to Swimming and Gymnastics. They need to re-arrange shit - so that I don't get all pumped and excited for the Olympics, and then sleep through most of the second half. Can't wait for the Handball finals, and some more Beach Volleyball - Kerri Walsh is my goddess!

troy myers said...

i cant believe you left camp rock off of the list. i mean the jo bros!

Ryan Micheel said...

Heather and I were just discussing Camp Rock and how we'd watch it.

Only having regular television, my complaints are they show only around 3 or 4 different sports. I also get bummed when the female host who is not Bob Costas is on instead of him.